Today was my first attempt at making cookies from chickpeas (gorbanzo beans). They turned out delicious. Looking forward to making them again. Here's what you'll need:
- 1 can of Chickpeas, rinsed well and dried on a paper towel
- 2/3 cup of peanut butter (all natural, the kind where the only ingredient is peanuts)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla (real vanilla, not imitation!)
- 1/4 cup Agave nectar (honey or pure maple syupr will work here for a different flavor)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips are optional, but obviously will add a SMALL amount of sugar to the recipe
Preheat oven to 375°. Put everything except the chocolate chips into a food processor and mix until the chickpeas are completely smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and form into 1-1.5" balls and put onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Optionally, press down on each of the balls slightly, as they will not flatten out themselves in the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes until slightly browned.
Remove from oven and enjoy!